Partner in Publishing is recruiting for a STEM Learning and Technology Specialist on behalf of our client, a leading EdTech learning company. The role is situated in the Southeast US and the successful candidate must live in the territory, ideally in Florida or the Atlanta area.
The STEM Specialist will be responsible for helping drive sales in the STEM Higher Education markets. While the position involves providing important feedback to marketing and editorial teams, the primary focus is on driving sales through active support of sales representatives and managers in the field. The STEM Specialist will conduct sales presentations for large opportunities and create and implement closing strategies post presentation, and be the communication conduit for marketing/editorial to the field sales rep for our disciplines while also providing market intelligence to those same marketing/editorial teams. There is also a significant training component to this position, including: training & developing reps in our disciplines as well as conducting training for our customers.
The Specialist is expected to travel as needed, especially during the primary selling seasons. Travel also includes regional and national conferences, as well as various training, marketing, and sales events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key resource for sales presentations
- Collaborate with sales representatives, sales managers, marketing/editorial managers, SCS, and custom specialists to identify & develop key sales targets.
- Own ROP development and execution
- Assist in exceeding annual sales goals by working with sales teams to prioritize, consult and close top sales targets
- Design targeted sales presentations, based on customer needs, presenting those demonstrations and product trainings directly to customers
- Develop in-depth product/process knowledge of the STEM discipline product lines identified as critical to a territory’s success in a given year.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitors’ products in markets that are key to the territory’s growth and success.
- Work with Publishers, Editors, Marketing Managers, and National Consultants to develop successful strategies designed to gain market share. Communicate and reinforce those strategies at regional and national meetings, and during work trips in the field with sales representatives.
- Provide ongoing research and feedback on products, trends, and other developments in the field to sales management, marketing and editorial via Trip Reports and consistent usage of the CRM.
- Demonstrate excellence in quality of feedback to Marketing and Editorial including active participation in Marketing Planning, Forums and Specialist Training
- Assist with the planning and support of national, regional, and local meetings and impact events.
- Provide leadership, training and support for sales representatives with regards to new company initiatives and products
- Customer Training on our key technology products after adoption; ongoing rep training and development on how to sell our key STEM products
- Assist in developing training tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum 3 years of successful college publishing sales experience
- Demonstrated success selling in STEM disciplines highly preferred.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with field sales team and marketing/editorial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Available to travel extensively and flexibly.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Google Suite
- Company car allowance
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- And much more!