Partner in Publishing is searching for a Senior Leader in Reading Curriculum and Instruction (K-8) on behalf of our client, a leading provider of innovative educational resources to ensure success in K-12 classrooms.
This is a leadership role with responsibility for developing and executing the company’s strategic vision for reading instruction across the company’s product portfolio. This role works in partnership with the strategy, marketing, assessment, engineering, and product leadership teams to create a compelling roadmap for reading products that meet the demands of educators and students in K-8 classrooms.
This leader provides direct oversight of teams responsible for product vision, pedagogical design, lesson frameworks, and lesson development, leading the creation of core and supplemental reading products.
▪ Develop and coordinate multi-year strategy for the overall print and digital reading portfolio (incorporating both teacher-led and personalized instruction), striving to ensure alignment between the product vision, market needs, and the company’s areas of strength
▪ Lead a team of Curriculum Designers in the development of standards-aligned supplemental and core reading products across the K-8 grade span
▪ Provide ongoing feedback to support lesson prototypes, program components, and overall instructional approaches; provide targeted feedback on engagement levels of content and efficacy of program design
▪ Work closely with partners in our assessment, design, product marketing, educator success, operations and engineering teams to ensure clarity in vision and a clear understanding of the cross-team dependencies required to achieve success
▪ Build and manage lasting relationships with team members as a servant leader
▪ Manage and execute team resources, schedules, and work plans with a proactive, problem-solving approach
▪ Adhere to a deadline-driven workflow by supporting the development of the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
▪ Develop, grow, and maintain relationships with academic advisors and program authors to ensure the team has access to current research and understanding around effective instructional practices
▪ Represent the organization at events, symposia, and in other thought leadership opportunities
▪ Exemplify the company’s culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, transparency, and honest communication at all times
▪ Demonstrated ability to build consensus across teams and throughout various organizational levels to develop effective collaborative relationships
▪ Experience and comfort driving program creation through the periods of abstract ideation to deliverable work plans
▪ Proven delivery of innovative and thoughtful programs that support efficacious implementation models and market demands
▪ Strong organizational and communication skills that lead to a shared vision of product and go-to-market goals
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Proven ability to think analytically, demonstrate sound judgment, and bring stakeholders along through compelling presentation of strategic direction setting
▪ Demonstrated success in leading and developing diverse team members
▪ Mission-driven with a passion for solving problems for students and teachers