Partner in Publishing is recruiting for a High School Sales Representative on behalf of our client, a leading EdTech learning company. The role is situated in the Southeast US / Atlanta area and the successful candidate must live in the territory.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the sales of the company’s products, driving the usage of text and online materials through in-person visits, presentations, virtual meetings, and email correspondence with schools and districts in the assigned territory. A publisher’s representative must be comfortable to work independently, formulate sales strategies and build strong relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve sales goal by uncovering and winning sales opportunities within the territory
- Identify and build strong relationships with key decision makers
- Uncover, host and/or attend group meetings in the territory
- Identify, prioritize, track, and close sales opportunities in Salesforce.com
- Develop and drive strategy and key business decisions in your territory
- Understand and fulfill customers’ needs
- Offer outstanding and effective solutions
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about the company’s products and services
- Effectively manage your time, territory, and resources to maximize sales results
- Identify and act upon the economic and academic drivers that motivate customers
- Challenge your customers’ assumptions and expectations providing valuable insight into the market
- Be an active teammate both on the sales team and throughout the company to help meet company objectives
- Interact with sales, marketing, specialists and editorial and provide market insight
- Document daily sales activities in Salesforce.com, manage your sales pipeline and perform other tasks vital to driving sales revenue and to communicate activities to sales management
- Seek out sales opportunities and travel within your territory to your assigned states
- Attend national and local conferences and two yearly sales meetings.
- Oversee and work with the adoptions team to manage any district adoptions, including collecting state and course information, meeting important dates, sampling material and reaching out to key decision makers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Direct outside sales experience preferred
- Publishing or Higher Ed experience welcomed
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a self-starting environment
- A knowledge of and/or an interest in working in an academic environment
- Detail-oriented, organized and results-focused
- Proficiency with using technology and basic applications software
- Comfortable presenting technology to individual instructors as well as to larger groups
- A valid driver’s license is required with daily travel within territory including some overnight trips along with the ability to drive for long periods of time (up to 5 hours), depending upon the territory involved.
- Ability to travel – Attendance at national sales meetings and regional meetings is required (5 or more days)
- Ability and willingness to work more than 40 hours per week during the fall and spring selling seasons
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for company benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. The company also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Company car allowance
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your 401k retirement account through Fidelity (US)
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
The health and safety of the company’s employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a company office or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.