PiP is searching for a Sales Manager, Library Tech, on behalf of our client, provider of award-winning digital products allowing access to leading archives and libraries around the world. The role is remote, located in the US. This is an individual-contributor role.
Reports to: Senior Sales Manager, North American Sales
Job Purpose: To sell the platform into North American libraries, archives and museums.
Proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers, manage long-term sales cycle and negotiate with buyers. Support administrators, end-users, and faculty experts by conducting product demonstrations.
New business opportunities
- Research new and existing markets and identify prospective customers.
- Familiarize yourself with competitor platforms and their use.
- Explore the company’s sales and licensing leads, in consultation with other members of the team, to develop a list of priority sales targets.
- Conduct effective cold-call and email campaigns to introduce the platform.
- Secure new customer accounts and close sales within specified territory.
- Contact new and existing customers to arrange consultative sales visits.
- Travel to Universities and Institutions throughout the US to build relationships with existing clients as well as establishing relationships with new ones. The amount of travel will be around 15+ weeks of the year to fit with sales cycles and targets.
- Use a variety of sales and presentation techniques such as PowerPoint and live site demonstrations to support library visits.
- Increase turnover and customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Maintain advanced product knowledge and keep informed about current industry trends.
- Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities.
- Meet or exceed weekly contact goals through emails, phone calls, or appointments. Meet or exceed monthly goals for appointments (in-person or online) and new opportunities.
After sales/team support
- Provide detailed feedback where relevant, to the Head of Platform Services and work with Head of Technical on platform on performance and enhancements
- Work with Head of Platform Services and Sales/Customer Support Assistants to resolve any client issues that arise
- Ensure new contacts are added onto the CRM database
- Update entries on the CRM system and work with Sales/Customer Support Assistants to ensure CRM information is accurate
- Participate in industry conferences.
Professional Experience and Skills
- Experience with software sales or subscription-based products with complex sales cycles
- Ability to provide product-related support to customers and end users
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work towards and deliver commercial targets
- Demonstrated success performing in a team-based setting
- Previous experience working remotely a plus
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written proficiency are central to the success of this role
- Excited to join team supporting a fast-growing technology
- Be Bold- We maintain our entrepreneurial spirit, keeping a sense of agility and curiosity in all we do.
- Be Distinctive- We think differently and celebrate the individual. We bring quality, passion, and fun to our work.
- Be Honest- We act with integrity to our partners and customers. We are forthright with each other to ensure we continually improve.
- Be Accountable- We take responsibility for delivering results and support one another to succeed.
- Making Effective Decisions
- Commercial Awareness
- Communicating Effectively
- Building and Managing Relationships
- Planning and Organizing