About Partner in Publishing:
Partner in Publishing (PIP) is a full-service agency that provides EdTech companies and publishers with the marketing, sales, business development, and talent acquisition support they need to scale their products and services. Founded in 2007, PIP stands out among agencies and consultants for its decades of industry expertise, its robust network of educators and providers, and its ability to support both strategy and execution.
We are currently looking to expand our workforce in the area of customer support and sales development. We are recruiting candidates who are enthusiastic, hard working, and interested in the future of education. If you have interest in gaining experience in a variety of educational products and services in a fast paced environment, while expanding your skillset, this is the opportunity for you.
About the Role:
Partner in Publishing is looking for a Sales Development Representative to help manage the growing demand for our solution, drive new customer engagement, and represent our clients’ customer base. The SDR role holds an important position at the top of the sales funnel for the entire company. The SDR is our customer’s first experience with Partner in Publishing. Candidates need to be able to make a great first impression and move customers into the next stage of the sales process. The ideal candidate is a competitive self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Generate leads by reaching out to, and partnering up with, new or existing customers.
- Qualify leads based on their budget, authority, needs, and timeline.
- Pitch virtually and close deals to potential customers.
- Manage and optimize the sales process, including activity tracking, pipeline management, and sales forecasting.
- Gain communication insights from communicating with clients.
- Remain proactive and provide updates to clients through weekly reports.
- Share successes with the rest of the sales team to improve our collective performance and share knowledge.
- 1+ years’ sales experience in proactive client support roles is a plus.
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20+ sales opportunities at any given time.
- Effective communication style with strong written and presentation skills.
- Ability to ask insightful questions, listen closely, and have empathy with prospects.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, discussing solutions with decision-makers.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Ability to effectively manage your time.
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- High energy and a competitive sales drive.
- Enthusiastic and an excellent work ethic.
What You Get
- Competitive salary, commission and benefits package
- Remote working environment
- Fast-paced and collaborative workplace culture
- Opportunity for professional growth