Partner in Publishing is seeking a Sales Deployment Resource (part-time) on behalf of our client, a leading provider of language learning products for K-12 and Higher Education schools and universities.
This is a per diem role dedicated to sales in K-12 schools and districts in Chicago and pays $320 per day (plus expenses) for 39 weeks over the year.
WHO ARE YOU? You are looking for a part-time Sales role, providing support for local K-12 sales managers and helping schools and districts achieve learning outcomes through the use of educational technology products. You have sales experience or teaching experience in K-12.
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
In this role you will:
Work directly with Management and the sales team to support revenue growth, primarily in ELL and DL specific programs.
Day-to-day work, as directed by Sales Management, may require you to:
- Conduct in-person visits to customers as well as emails and calls
- Uncover adoption opportunities for the new EL programs
- Follow up with customer requests for digital or print samples
- Monitor and follow up with pilots to support revenue target
- Deliver and set up displays to Districts, Schools, or County Offices
- Call on private and charter schools to introduce our products into their market
- Contact and update school/district contacts, as needed
- Prospecting in small districts based on direction from the sales team
- Support the sales team by attending small conferences
- Follow up on leads as directed by Sales Team
- Report findings each week to the Manager and to the sales rep associated with the week’s sales calls
You will attend the weekly TEAM call during the weeks you are working. You will also complete product boot-camp training to learn about the products.
You are able to travel short distances if needed to meet customers or deliver urgent materials, and are available for overnight trips if needed and if arranged with advance notice.
You Must Have:
- Experience as a K-12 teacher or sales experience in K-12 markets
- Strong communication skills, via email and phone
- Ability to communicate and make presentations via Zoom and other platforms
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Ability to travel as needed. Most is day travel (not overnight)
Nice to Have: Bilingual – English/Spanish
Compensation / Schedule
Per diem rate: $320
Flexible schedule, in consultation with Sales Manager
- 39 weeks per year, approx 3-4 days a week during selling season
- Heaviest during selling season, generally, February to June and September to November
- Downtime around holidays and less work in summer
- Some weekend/conference work may be required.