WHO ARE YOU? A creative, strategic and driven sales leader looking to play a key leadership role in a growing education-focused organization that values everything about you and what you bring to your work.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers working daily to develop culturally authentic language materials.
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT?
This Regional Sales Manager (West Region) is a key addition to our client’s Language Learning leadership team and will utilize their affinity for educational technology, aptitude for developing diverse talent and passion for coaching a high-performing sales team towards the next phase of success.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Mentor and coach a team of educational publishing sales professionals on the art and science of strategic territory planning, relationship building, consultative selling, and account acquisition in order to win top target accounts and drive consistent growth.
- Partner closely with multiple internal stakeholders to evolve national sales strategies, facilitate sales meetings, analyze performance and establish best-practices
- Cultivate strong knowledge of our world language product portfolio and easily correlate one or several of them in order to meet the specific needs of customers
- Travel regularly within the region to support sales team members’ efforts through customer visits, events and presentations in order to reach ideal outcomes
- Build effective and strategic business plans based on sales data and market information to ensure properly prepared forecasts
- Ensure sales team members consistently and accurately utilize CRM to track related activities in order to have thoughtful and consultative customer meetings
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of successful consultative sales and business development experience
- Strong knowledge of educational publishing or technology products within the Higher Education market
- 3 to 5+ years of People Management experience with remote field sales teams and a strong ‘player-coach’ mentality
- A proven track record of exceeding aggressive sales goals and growing territories year over year utilizing a variety of techniques
- Experience analyzing sales data and creating accurate regional forecasts
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt quickly and appropriately to the intended audience
- Excellent strategic thinking, negotiation, territory management and creative prospecting skills
- A willingness to travel within the region (up to 60%) in order to support team member development and success
IDEAL IF YOU (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Reside within the western regional United States
- Are familiar with the client’s products
- Have an advanced degree
- Have a working knowledge of multiple languages (Spanish or French specifically)
LOCATION: This role is field-based and 100% remote. It will require regular travel throughout the assigned region.
OUR CLIENT’S BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus, we offer all sorts of unique perks such as virtual fitness classes, fun Slack groups, social events and much more!