PiP is searching for a Regional Sales Associate, US Midwest, on behalf of our client, a market-leading publisher of primary source collections and award-winning digital products for Higher Education institutions and Libraries.
The role is remote, located in the US Midwest and reports to the Regional Sales Manager, North American Sales.
- Implement a sales strategy developed with Regional Sales Partners and Regional Sales Managers for the Midwest region, meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Display in-depth knowledge of your products and your customer base to develop the sales pipeline for the Midwest Territory, with an emphasis on accuracy, data analysis and excellent prioritization.
- Build excellent relationships with existing customer institutions, establishing long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders across the library team in support of negotiating and closing business.
- Facilitate building New and Development customers relationships to continue to grow the customer base.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Partner; Regional Sales Manager; the Associate Director of North American Sales; and other internal key stakeholders to leverage market and customer intelligence to reach objectives.
Implement a sales strategy developed with Regional Sales Partners and Regional Sales Managers for the Midwest region, meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Implement agreed sales strategy, addressing customer needs for all Customers.
- Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities with the rest of the North American Sales team.
- Work with the Midwest Regional Sales Partners to ensure the territory reaches or exceeds annual territory sales targets.
- Meet or exceed new customer and dormant customer sales goals.
- Work with Regional Sales Partner and Consortia Relations Manager to implement viable consortia opportunities leading to ensure sales and ultimately achieving consortia targets.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of customer presentations, sales conversations, relationship management and closing of sales.
- Onsite visits to customers and attendance at key conferences throughout the year. This can be 20-35% travel throughout the year.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to provide appropriate paths forward to win sales opportunities.
Display in-depth knowledge of your products and your customer base to develop the sales pipeline for the Midwest Territory, with an emphasis on accuracy, data analysis and excellent prioritization.
- Ensure correct and up to date reporting of activities in CRM with opportunities, tasks, calls, meetings, etc.
- Research customer base and ensure contact information in the CRM is as accurate and up to date as possible.
- Continue to learn and demonstrate advanced product knowledge across the entire portfolio with a continued learning approach as new products publish and long-term product strategy is needed.
- Utilize the Consultative Sales approach to manage customer opportunities and move them efficiently through the sales pipeline.
- Harness, analyze and accurately maintain data in the CRM and other tools, for effective customer and opportunities management, and to facilitate reporting and inform strategic decisions.
Build excellent relationships with existing customer institutions, establishing long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders across the library team in support of negotiating and closing business. Facilitate building New and Development customers relationships to continue to grow the customer base.
- Learn a high level of knowledge of both the existing market and potential new markets, creating opportunities with alternate customer bases, consortia, etc.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events while demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Partners, customer support and engagement to ensure customer groups’ needs are being addressed and properly managed.
- Develop new relationships with key product customers, with a goal of creating consistent and long-term relationships.
- Clearly communicate with the line manager where every opportunity is in the sales cycle and move opportunities through the sales cycle from leads to wins.
- Ensure all accounts are being reached consistently throughout the year.
- Secure new business and dormant business goals.
Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager; the Associate Director of North American Sales; and other internal key stakeholders to leverage market and customer intelligence to reach objectives.
- Work with the Customer Support, Engagement and Editorial teams to drive opportunities in the Midwest territory.
- Develop skills to analyze sales metrics and data to support decision-making and strategy.
- Work collaboratively on consortia offers, nationwide opportunities and other long-term sales work.
- Strong team player with ability to build effective relationships quickly.
- Well organized, with good prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to learn and apply essential sales skills to become a strategic decision partner.
Experience and skills
- College degree with demonstrable interest in relevant subjects, such as arts and humanities.
- Entry level sales experience, with a customer focused attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of CRM systems is preferred.
- Willingness to undergo negotiation, networking and consultative sales skills
- Strategic planning for sales targets and operations planning.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Build and manage relationships with key account stakeholders.
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen.