Partner in Publishing is searching for a Literacy Engagement Specialist, K-12 (West US) on behalf of our client, a leading publisher for language learning products for K-12 and Higher Education schools and universities.
WHO ARE YOU? You have spent your career working in K-12 education, consider yourself a Literacy expert, technology savvy and are passionate about supporting ELL and Dual Language learners.
WHO IS THE COMPANY? The company is a team of passionate, innovative, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers working to develop culturally authentic language learning products for K-12 schools and universities.
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT? In the role as Literacy Engagement Specialist, you will be considered a Literacy subject matter expert on the School Division’s Western Regional sales team. You will also play a critical role in helping to solve the challenges your K-12 customers throughout the region face. While the roles you’ve held prior have been fulfilling, this role will allow you to have a broader impact on student achievement while also developing a new set of skills for yourself along the way.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Research, collect information on and identify key questions for each sales team member to utilize in presentations for Top 10 Tier 1 K-12 district target accounts
- Partner with regional sales team members and sales managers on the creation and execution of strategic business development plans to secure key account business for the company’s Literacy products
- Assist with site-based outreach, district and state level RFP submission responses, stay abreast of ELA/ELL trends, analyze the regional competitive landscape and develop resources to show how your product(s) can fill market gaps
- Conduct regular reviews and follow-up meetings with sales team members on their specific sales plans and progress towards achieving shared goals
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s product portfolio and ensure key features are included in presentations and collateral
- Coordinate internal and external resources needed to ensure leveraging of product capabilities and sales opportunities
- Act as a primary resource for and conduct customer product presentations and sales rep trainings
- Provide insight to Marketing and Product Development teams on customer perspectives
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum required
- 5+ years of experience as a K-12 Literacy Educator/Teacher, Program Facilitator, District Coordinator, Trainer or similar role required
- Knowledge of K-12 bilingual and pedagogy of ELL programs required
- Strong technology orientation and experience presenting and/or doing demonstrations for a variety of audiences virtually (GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom, etc.) and/or in-person required
- A willingness to travel within the region/territory (30 – 50%) required
IDEAL IF YOU HAVE or CAN (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Knowledge of K-12 literacy market dynamics, competitive landscape, trends, customer needs and challenges
- Knowledge of Dual Language (DL) programs highly preferred
- Experience with state and/or district adoption, RFP and public solicitation processes
- Experience with MS Office Suite, CRMs, LMS tools and webinar systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience providing sales support or handling sales related activities
- Experience with using educational technology, publishing or literacy products
- Speak Spanish
Remote: This role is requires residence in a Western US state (i.e. California, Arizona, Nevada, etc.) and requires travel throughout the assigned territory or region without restriction. Candidates must meet this requirement in order to be considered.
BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, generous employee referral bonuses, PTO and paid holidays.