Partner in Publishing is searching for a Customer Success Manager, Reading Science specialization (NYC) on behalf of our client, provider of an award-winning interactive Literacy tutor, which listens, assesses and accelerates reading mastery. Our client’s team is fully remote, passionate, talented, and customer focused.
This role is remote, located in New York City and requires a strong understanding of the Science of Reading.
What you’ll do:
Evangelize the Company and SoR
You can quickly build rapport, trust and a sense of mutual mission. You will spend most of your time (virtually and face-to-face) in K-6 schools and classrooms in NYC, interfacing with teachers, as well as instructional and school system leaders. You will answer questions, encourage usage, position your product versus alternative tools, and generally help NYC educators to utilize your product to power a Science of Reading approach.
Facilitate Professional Learning Sessions
Your trusted partnerships will lay the foundation for delivery of professional learning that drives desired and measurable outcomes for students. You will demonstrate subject matter expertise in elementary literacy and Science of Reading principles and practices through high-quality professional learning sessions and conversations with customers, deliver on execution promises, and create structure around measures of success. You can manage expectations with a bias towards problem solving and capacity building.
Build Teacher Trust
You will respond to questions about how to implement Intelligent Tutoring and get value from your product via email and chat. You will constantly visit schools, working with teachers to build trust in and enthusiasm for Science of Reading based practice.
Skills, qualifications, and abilities:
● You are expert-level in the Science of Reading, with both a practitioner’s understanding of how to apply the ideas and a good academic grounding in the core concepts of reading science
● You are a terrific public speaker who loves to present
● Experience developing and facilitating professional learning for large audiences, and managing relationships with stakeholders and customers
● Ideally, but not necessarily, you have experience implementing software solutions
● You are mission driven: willing to do what it takes to solve problems and operate effectively with uncertainty and change
● Travel to NYC schools a minimum of ~3 days per week
● You are ready for a high-commitment, fast-paced job as part of a startup team
● Flexibility – We encourage people to live and work where they desire. The company works as a truly distributed team.
● Collaboration – We work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic face-to-face get togethers.
● Lean & Agile – We believe in ownership and continuous feedback.
● Mission-Driven – What’s important to us is helping kids. We’re about tangible, measurable impact.
What the Company offers
● Competitive salary for a start-up
● Large company-level benefits
● Meaningful stock option ownership
● Cutting-edge work
● The opportunity to help children around the world reach their full potential