Partner in Publishing is searching for a Customer Success Manager (East Coast, US) on behalf of our client, provider of an award-winning interactive Literacy tutor, which listens, assesses and accelerates reading mastery. Our client’s team is fully remote, passionate, talented, and customer focused.
This role is remote, located in US, East Coast.
We are looking for a Customer Success leader with experience in account management in the technology industry. You will join an expert team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in U.S. schools and will help deploy the next generation of AI-powered software for the classroom.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup.
What you’ll do:
Build Trusted Relationships and Drive Renewals
You build strong relationships keyed to trust and a sense of mutual mission. You will spend at least half your time (virtually or face-to-face) in schools and classrooms, interfacing with instructional and school system leaders. You will communicate with teachers and students about their adoption trends and sentiment, and mine opportunities for deeper engagement. Because of your ability to influence others, our customers act as company references and advocates and 90% of your accounts renew annually.
Account Management & Software Implementation Skills
You partner with tutoring companies so that schools and classrooms launch the product with success. You orchestrate expertise into conversations with implementation partners, deliver on execution promises, and create structure around measures of success, and set and manage expectations for approximately 75 school district accounts. You provide insights to customers using data to drive usage and implementation practices with fidelity, leading to impact.
Product Support & Feedback
You will know our product inside and out. You are often called upon to provide technical support or training. You must be excellent at distilling the reasons why the product is working well and why it is failing to deliver value. You then convey this information back to R&D in an actionable form, working to find the right compromises between engineering and service implementation time/cost and customer value.
Skills, qualifications, and abilities:
- Experience working with and managing relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Experience implementing software solutions, preferably in the education technology industry
- Teaching, tutoring, or instructional leadership experience preferred
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- There will be material (~30-50%) travel.
- Flexibility – We encourage people to live and work where they desire. We work as a truly distributed team. We worked remotely before COVID and we’ll be working remotely after the pandemic is long gone.
- Collaboration – We work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic face-to-face get togethers.
- Lean & Agile – We believe in ownership and continuous feedback.
- Mission-Driven – What’s important to us is helping kids. We’re about tangible, measurable impact.
What the company offers
- Competitive salary for a start-up
- Large company-level benefits
- Meaningful stock option ownership
- Cutting-edge work
- The opportunity to help children around the world reach their full potential