Partner in Publishing is searching for a Chief Information Officer (US) on behalf of our client, the leading publisher of Career and Technical Education print and digital learning resources.
This role reports to the President and has two Senior Directors reporting in. The role is hybrid or remote and requires frequent travel to the Chicago office.
The CIO will oversee the company’s technology strategy, implementation and maintenance across the organization to support strategic goals and objectives. Technology optimization to reduce manual efforts and gain efficiencies as the business grows will be a key focus, along with customer satisfaction and security. The CIO will support and lead teams in Digital Media and Information Technology. Additionally, they will work in collaboration with internal stakeholder and external partners to achieve the company’s technology goals.
- Responsible for technology optimization across the business – including systems, processes, cybersecurity, compliance, and architecture.
- Oversee the IT and Digital Media Teams.
- Work in collaboration with marketing to develop and oversee the ecommerce strategy.
- Structure technology infrastructure and processes to focus on customer experience, efficiency, and security.
- Support the development of highly successful products and platforms.
- Build world class technology teams leveraging internal talent and external partnerships.
- Develop technology foundation with a focus on customer experience, efficiency, and security.
- Oversee technology platform partnerships and strategy – design and deploy platform and product enhancements
- Manage and mitigate risks around technology platforms (security, privacy, uptime).
- Provide expertise and drive improvements to leverage technology to improve processes and reduce cost.
- Develop system integration strategies to reduce manual effort, gain efficiencies, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Support the leadership team with technology strategies to assist the company in achieving strategic and financial goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the IT and DM budgets to assess investment allocation and resource use.
- Communicates technology strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee data governance and management strategies, including data structure, classification, and protection.
- Moderate travel as required (to office and conference)
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or business administration required.
- At least 10 years of experience in information systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility throughout.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Prior Experience leading the Technology function for another publisher.
- Strong Technology background, including an understanding of tech ed standards
- Ability to manage and drive relationships with outside technology partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Climbing Stairs: Ascending or descending stairs to gain access to a building or to move from one floor to another a minimum of 1-2 times per day when in the Tinley Park office.
- Lifting and Carrying: Raising and/or moving objects between 1-60 pounds for a minimum of 1 hour per day on occasion.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers for sustained periods of time, for a minimum of 4 hours throughout an 8-hour workday.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time. Must be able to sit for up to 4 consecutive hours throughout an 8-hour workday or in a car/airplane for extended periods of time while traveling.
- Visual Requirement: Must view high-resolution computer monitor for up to 4 consecutive hours at a time during an 8-hour workday.
- Communication Requirement: Must communicate effectively in person, by phone, e-mail or virtual meeting software with coworkers, customers, and outside vendors.
- Office Environment: Employees are protected from weather conditions and contaminants.