Role: Business Development Representative
Keywords: Higher Education, Technology, services, prospecting, sales, lead generation, teachers
Partner in Publishing is seeking skilled Business Development Representatives who will specialize in the Higher Education market, on behalf of our client, an industry-leading professional products and services company offering domain expertise in learning and technology solutions.
Reports to: Senior Director of Business Development
Location: Remote (US-based, Eastern time zone preferred)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for cultivating relationships with prospective clients, generating new business opportunities, and contributing to the overall success of our sales efforts.
This position requires a proactive and outgoing individual who can effectively communicate with clients, uncover their needs, and work collaboratively with sales and marketing teams.
Candidates with classroom teaching experience are welcome to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to grow into a consultative-sales role.
Key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Proactively search for potential leads and prospects through various channels such as cold calling, cold emailing, social media, and online research.
- Identify individuals or companies who may have an interest in our services. (Not product selling).
- Engage in initial conversations to assess fit for potential customers.
- Qualify leads based on predetermined criteria, such as budget, need, authority, and timeline, to determine if they meet the qualification requirements for further engagement.
- Introduce our services via cold calling, social networking, customizing pitches, explaining value proposition, and gauging prospect’s interest level.
- Create awareness and generate initial interest, setting the stage for further discussions.
- Scheduling qualified appointments.
- Ensuring that meetings align with the prospect’s availability and requirements.
- Coordinating Account Executives’ schedules.
- Collaborate with the Operations Coordinator to facilitate meetings around conference events.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with prospects by providing relevant information, answering initial questions, and addressing concerns.
- Representing the LearningMate brand and values while building trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of leads, activities, and conversations in a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Ensure that all relevant information is properly documented, enabling seamless collaboration and handoff to account executives or sales representatives.
Collaboration with Sales Team
- Work closely with the sales team, providing them with valuable insights, feedback, and updates about prospects and the market.
- Collaborate to refine lead qualification criteria, messaging, and sales strategies, contributing to overall sales effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or education; classroom teaching experience is a plus.
- OR 2+ years of experience in a related role, preferably in lead generation with an emphasis on consultative selling in education or technology services.
- Strong communication and time management skills. Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience leveraging social media platforms and other networking tools to expand professional connections.
- Strong social networking skills. Proficiency in building and maintaining relationships with clients and colleagues.
Compensation is competitive, with base salary + bonus/commission structure