Partner in Publishing is seeking an Associate Vice President, Strategic Partnership Sales, Higher Education, on behalf of our client, an industry-leading professional products and services company offering domain expertise in teaching and learning solutions.
The AVP is responsible for contributing to and executing the sales strategy for our higher education market, by leveraging industry relations and an in-depth understanding of the higher education challenges and potential.
Candidates must have experience in selling services to university or college Presidents, Chief Academic Officers, Provosts, and others in the organization’s leadership. A very good understanding of the procurement process, grants, budgeting, and program design is a must.
Note: Candidates with a track record in selling instructional design services, LMS products, BI products, and/or other teaching and learning products are preferred.
Candidates must have excellent selling skills and an understanding of consultative sales processes, focusing on building long-term business and strategic partnerships with higher education institutions. Must have experience in enabling revenue of $10 Million +.
- Traditional universities and colleges
- Community Colleges
- Online Universities
- Colleges with Blended or Hybrid Programs
- Online Program Management (OPM) companies
- MOOC companies
- Competency-Based Education focused institutions
- Workforce Skills and Workforce Education for HE institutions
- Collaborate with:
- Executive leadership and industry leaders
- Teams across all our global locations
- Marketing and operations
- Achieve targets assigned for prospecting, client conversions and revenue
- Manage forecast and sales pipeline reporting on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in Higher Education selling products and services to traditional colleges.
- Consistently handled sales targets in excess of $10 million and exceeded the targets.
- Proven selling skills, understanding of sales processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling ability.
- Experience managing market expectations, understanding client requirements, managing the bid process with sales support and enabling a winning bid.
- Excellent hunting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, influential negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Applications, as well as standard business, communication, mobile, and presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Workspace, Chat/Meet & Currents, and Zoom).
This is a remote role, US Eastern time zone preferred. Travel is required (up to 50%) and may include overnight travel.