Partner in Publishing is searching for an Associate Director of Product Marketing on behalf of our client, a leading publisher for language learning products for K-12 and Higher Education schools and universities.
WHO ARE YOU? A hands-on, creative, detail oriented, and analytical Product Marketing game-changer who is equally passionate about managing thriving teams as you are about the Higher Education market and partnering with sales to elevate marketing strategies.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, lifelong learners, and innovators committed to the development of culturally authentic language materials and changing the way languages are learned and taught in the classroom and beyond!
WHAT IS THE ROLE ABOUT? As our Associate Director of Product Marketing for our Higher Ed business, you will work as a player-coach to build and lead a small team of product marketing enthusiasts as well as partner with stakeholders within sales, business operations and editorial to create, assess and refine impactful GoToMarket strategies and sales enablement tools. As a hands-on manager, you are comfortable pivoting between tactical outputs and complex strategic initiatives with an equal sense of enthusiasm and rigor. As an experienced marketing professional, you will organize team projects, drive strategies, manage spend, measure the success of initiatives, establish roadmaps, and ensure the delivery of initiatives that engage and delight customers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs) using Salesforce and Marketo reports/dashboards, Google Analytics, and social management tools (Sprout, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Manage the development of print and online assets from design through production
- Create and manage company website and store messaging in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Partner with Field Marketer to create and manage consistent internal messaging, create awareness, and information and to be the liaison between Editorial, Technology and Sales teams
- Lead team in the creation, optimization and maintenance of sales tools for new editions and additional promotional materials to support new copyright products (videos, testimonials, case studies). Partner with stakeholders in sales on rep training to best leverage these tools
- Organize, refine and optimize HE Marketing roadmap, ensuring alignment with sales and marketing strategy and that deliverables meet if not exceed expectations
- Partner with VP Sales & Marketing on Sampling Guidelines, Ad hoc sampling campaigns, and related promotional collateral to build awareness and momentum during the fall term
- Contribute to and manage other Marketing initiatives as necessary
- Plan and manage all budgeting for HE Product Marketing as appropriate.
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelors degree required
- 7+ years of experience in marketing or product marketing required
- 1+ years of people management experience required
- Strong knowledge and experience with print and digital product marketing required
- Prior/ recent (within the last 5 years) and relevant experience in HE publishing or education-tech required
- Campaign management experience required
- Willingness to travel around 25% required
IDEAL IF YOU HAVE or ARE (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Advanced degree
- Prior experience with marketo or similar tool
- Prior experience and familiarity with the HE language learning market
- Strong project management acumen
- Prior experience managing a marketing budget (including forecasting and planning) highly desired
LOCATION = Hybrid/ Remote: This role requires a hybrid of remote and in-office work time at our Boston, MA location. Candidates must either be local to the Boston, MA office or willing to commute/ travel to the Boston office as needed. This requirement must be met to be considered for the role
BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, generous employee referral bonuses, PTO and paid holidays.