Partner in Publishing is recruiting for an Account Manager, College Sales on behalf of our client, a leading EdTech learning company. This position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Account Managers play a critical role on the sales team. They ensure our customers have everything they need to succeed, whether it is getting instructors access to a test bank, getting an invoice corrected, or helping arrange training for an English department. Our Account Managers bridge the gap between our sales reps and our customer support team. They try to anticipate instructor and administrator needs before they arise, so every customer has a great experience. That means Account Managers sometimes deal with complex customer service issues, acting as a project manager and navigating multiple internal departments with or on behalf of our customers. Our Account Managers work closely with a group of field sales reps and are responsible for the ongoing success of the existing business in the assigned territory. Teamwork, collaboration, communication, are all keys to succeeding in this position. The primary goals of this position are to support existing business and to identify new sales opportunities within an assigned territory
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and develop sales leads for the field sales team to generate new business opportunities in the higher education markets.
- Assess and respond to individual instructor needs by listening, understanding, overcoming obstacles, linking features to benefits, and providing ideal solutions that best meet the needs of the customer.
- Gain in-depth product knowledge of titles assigned to the Account Development team and their digital platforms, as well as maintain broad knowledge of competitive markets and sales techniques.
- Actively and accurately manage company CRM tool (Salesforce). This includes, but is not limited to, all customer interactions, contacts, sales opportunities, and pipelines.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute online presentations or schedule demos as needed to faculty and institutional contacts throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain productive customer relationships and generate repeat business with existing customers.
- Coordinate with various groups within the company to support sales efforts and growth, working with the sales team in identifying potential customers through calls, email and campaigns.
- Lead seasonal priorities and initiatives necessary to drive sales growth.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Position requires periods of close concentration, must lift 35lbs. of books for mailing projects, must be able to sit for long periods, must be able to concentrate in busy environment.
- Previous sales experience desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM preferred.
- Previous Higher Education experience a plus.
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for company benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. The company also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Select dependent on location of role: Contributions to your 401k retirement account through Fidelity (US)
- Generous paid time off, sick time, discretionary days. and paid holidays (Cesar Chavez Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, and more!)
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
The health and safety of the company’s employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a company office or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.