PiP is searching for an Account Executive, K-12 (Private and Independent Schools) on behalf of our client, an enterprise SaaS company providing online payment and accounting software to simplify student activity fund management in schools.
The company is based in Toronto with offices in the US and employees across North America. The role is based in Canada.
- Work in an industry that benefits children, parents and schools
- Do meaningful and purpose-driven work, and make a real impact
- Join a quickly growing organization with real opportunity for learning and growth
- Passionate and accessible leadership team that cares about people, personally and professionally
- Flexible work environment
About the Role:
You will be responsible for introducing our client’s SaaS solutions to C-level Private and Independent School Business Officials in your assigned territory. You’ll work closely with the marketing, customer success, and product departments to learn about the product and the value we offer to existing/prospective clients.
Our Account Executives take pride in the bold willingness to pick up the phone, understand and speak to client needs, ask key questions, and deliver compelling reasons to act. You recognize that “winning” in a world of reluctant and risk-averse customers means leading customer meetings with insight, and challenging customer assumptions to mobilize them around a purchase. You have a proven track record of acquiring a deep understanding of the customer’s business and using that understanding to push the customer’s thinking, and teaching them something new about how they can operate more efficiently / effectively.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take ultimate accountability of managing all phases of the sales cycles for assigned region
- Build a pipeline through successful outbound calls, email communications, events, and face to face meetings
- Meeting and exceeding sales quotas and metrics
- Participate in lead identification and generation
- Proactively and diligently maintain up to date knowledge of marketing initiatives and leverage them accordingly in all opportunities in the sales cycle
- Act as the evangelist of not only our client’s products and services but also of the overall brand and reputation of the Company
- Maintain credible, trusted relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, prospective and existing customers
- Conduct ‘sales pass off calls’ with Client Services personnel;
- Perform company sales demonstrations in person and over the phone, on behalf of or with, other salespeople;
- Assist other sales staff with closing their leads as required;
- Attend conferences as our client’s representative, generate sales, and present as needed.
- Weekly accountability for reporting activities, opportunity development and forecasting, data updates, and accuracy in the CRM system
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Are a driven and goal-oriented sales professional
- Have 3+ years of SaaS sales experience and managing the end-to-end sales cycle.
- Have 2+ years of selling experience into private and independent schools in Canada (with US experience preferable but not required)
- track record of meeting sales objectives such as quota and productivity requirements.
- Strong Relationship management skills
- Consultative selling experience resulting in growing existing accounts.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of K-12 school industry is a plus but not required.
- Opportunity to work remotely.